Friday, May 17, 2013

ETL Certificate Update: May 2013

As you may remember, I started this blog to share my experience learning about new technologies as a way to engage my learners.

In my first blog post, I outlined my Learning Goal to complete the online Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies which focuses on Emerging Technology for Learning by the summer of 2013. 

Let's take a look at how I am doing so far...
  • Program Planning: Completed
  • Instructional Design in Adult Education: Completed
  • Intro to Emerging Technology: Completed
  • Mobile Learning: Completed
  • Digital Literacy: Completed
  • Open Educational Resources: May - July 2013 CANCELLED
Now, I am sure that you can imagine my frustration to learn that my final course has been cancelled due to low enrollment....boo hoo.

However, it will be offered again in January 2014!! Whoo-hoo ;o)

My other option is to take a course called, Special Topics in Emerging Technology: Cloud Computing this September 2013.

Since, that course doesn't really tickle my fancy... I guess I will have to wait until January :(

In the meantime, I have decided to continue my journey on my own

How will I do it you ask?  
Well here's how... 
  1. Attend technology related events;
  2. Experiment with new technologies on my own; and
  3. Register for open source courses.   
As a result, I will continue to share my emerging technologies experiences with you!!

So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment